App Store

Thursday, August 14, 2008

I miss Brad Dharma

Any animation fans who were around in the 90's will remember the semi-popular "Liquid Television" that aired late at night on MTV. As you may also know, the biggest thing to come out of that was the serialized "Aeon Flux." However, I always felt the tongue-in-cheek "Brad Dharma: Psychedelic Detective" had great potential. Cool lead character, neat mythology, and witty puns and references... The animation wasn't the greatest, but the mix of photos (like Ralph Bakshi would do in some of the LOTR movies) and cultural references were sublime.



I've tried to track down the creators but ran into several dead ends (I know who did it, but can't locate him). Boy I'd love to resurrect this!

3 comments:

Zac Rahm said...

I'd never seen this before, but it's a pretty cool find. While the animation is rough like you said, I love the main character. We need more cool detective figures these days. It almost makes me want to draw up my own...

Jimmy Melbridge said...

This may be 2 years too late, but I just came across this blog post:
The creator of Brad Dharma can be found here:

http://no46.blogspot.com/

Suffice to say, there will probably never be anymore...

Victor Agreda, Jr. said...

OH MY GOD!

thank you for this. it's sad, however.