App Store

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Unity is awesome for game development

I blogged this up on TUAW (The Unofficial Apple Weblog), so you can read my spin on it there, but MacMegasite has a cool wording read more.

BTW, that was my first post for TUAW-- wooohooooo!

Anyhow, I think Unity is the bees knees. I've played with the demo, and it's amazing. Unity is a fully formed game dev platform. Physics, particles, rag dolls, animation and scripting, all in a great workflow and GUI. The weird thing is that it's Mac-only, but will now export Windows games.

Since I'll be learning Maya soon I probably won't have time to tinker with Unity (for now). Anyone want to team up and work on a killer toy? Notice I didn't say game. What I have in mind is more like a Power Toy. Appealing to the idea of "personal media" and targeting animation enthusiasts, filmmakers, bloggers, anyone interested in making cool stuff...

Let me know at davincifeedback AT mac DOT com...

No comments: